- Kristina was born in Florida and raised in Florida and Virginia. She and her daughter moved to Georgia from Ohio in 2010 to be closer to family. After a twenty-year career in the telecom industry, Kristina had the opportunity to work for Speedy Transmission. Now as owner/operator of Speedy Marietta, Kristina enjoys serving her community in providing excellent customer service and a highly trained team for customers. She enjoys working with people and handling the administrative and marketing tasks for Speedy Marietta Transmission Shop. In her spare time, Kristina loves spending time with her daughter and friends, as well as participating in outdoor activities, especially camping, water sports, scrapbooking, cooking, hiking, and snow-skiing.
Melvin Fite, Service Advisor
- Melvin was born and raised in Georgia. He has been in the transmission business for forty years, starting out as an R&R man, then becoming a builder, and eventually owning his own transmission shop. After thirty-three years as a shop owner, Melvin decided it was time to relax some, so he closed his business, Prestige Transmission. He soon found retirement to be a bit boring, so Melvin decided to help us here at Speedy Marietta. We are thrilled to have him! In his spare time, Melvin enjoys working on vehicles, driving fast cars, and watching auto races. He is so proud of his son who served five years in the United States Marine Corps, and he also adores his two shih tzus.
Chris, Master Certified Builder
- Chris was born and raised in Southern California. He and wife, Julie, have been married for over 30 years. They are proud parents of a son and two daughters. Chris and Julie are now experiencing life as empty nesters, except for their beloved fur babies. Chris moved to Georgia from California several years ago to be closer to family. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time fishing, camping, and attending drag races. Chris is a Master Certified Builder who takes pride in his work and continued training.
Matthew Todd, R&R Technician
- We are so happy to welcome Matthew Todd to Speedy Marietta as an R&R Technician. Matt grew up in Sandersville, GA, graduating from high school in his hometown and later attending Oconee Fall Line Technical College. His father was a transmission builder and owned his own shop. Matt started working in the shop when he was just 11 years old. His hobbies are drag racing and working on vehicles. The highlight of his life are his children, a 15-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son. His passion is helping others at Genesis Ministries in Kennesaw.
Samantha Smith , Administrative Assistant
- We are so pleased to welcome Samantha Smith to our Speedy Marietta family as our administrative assistant. Samantha was born in South Africa but moved to the US at an early age, being raised mostly in Georgia. Though her family moved to California for four years, she always felt a longing to return to Georgia and says, "I have always felt like it is home." Samantha has experience in the construction industry in flooring as well as owning a roofing business. She loves art and is a talented photographer and sketch and paint artist. Sam is inquisitive and an avid learner. She enjoys being at Speedy Marietta now because she loves to learn new things about cars. Samantha is a devoted mama to two young boys aged 14 and 9, with the youngest being on the autism spectrum. She is dedicated to helping her children thrive. Samantha's hobbies include hiking, camping, and travelling. We are truly blessed to have Sam join our Speedy Marietta team!
Angela Wheeler, Marketing Coordinator
- Angela (aka Angie) is the most recent addition to the Speedy family. She has worked out of Washington D.C. as an editor and marketing coordinator for twenty-five years. Her family recently moved to her husband's home-state of Georgia a few years ago. Angie loves the beauty of Georgia and the friendly people. One of her favorite sayings is "I wasn't born in Georgia, but I got here as fast as I could." When she's not at the Speedy Marietta shop helping Kristina with marketing, she loves spending time with her husband, Scott, and their children. Angie loves crafting, painting, and home DIY projects. She has just started gardening but is reserving comments on how much she enjoys it until she knows if anything actually survives.
Stylez & Riley, Welcoming Committee
- Besides being the most adorable hounds ever, Stylez and Riley help with greeting customers and customer relations. Stylez and Riley are part-time residents at the shop and love new visitors! When you come in to greet us, be sure to say hello to our furry friends, too! They are always eager to make new friends. Our number one priority is giving you the best service and experience at a transmission repair center you have ever encountered. Please let Stylez and Riley know how we can improve during your visit. They keep us on our toes. We appreciate your feedback!